Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ravenclaw House Quiz

*What potion has the strange side effects of excessive singing and nose-tweaking? Euphoria Elixir
*What ingredient can be used to counteract the effect of the above side effects? Peppermint
*How much can you get for Acromantula venom? 100 Galleons a pint
*What is the most powerful love potion in the world? Amortentia
*What antidote does Harry use to help Ron when he is poisoned by Madam Rosmerta's finest mead? A bezoar
*How does Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes' Owl Order Service get their potions past the security at Hogwarts to their customers? Cough syrups and perfumes
*What did Draco Malfoy make in Potions class when Professor Slughorn assigned them to make something amusing? Hiccuping solution
*What spells will not work in an area affected by Instant Darkness Powder? Light or fire spells
*What are the ingredients for the Draught of Living Death? Wormwood, Asphodel, Valerian roots, and a Sopopherous bean
*How much will unicorn tail hair fetch? 10 Galleons a hair

Extra Credit:

I. I prefer to knit
II. I don't think I have a favorite weight to knit with, it depends on the project. For socks I like sock/fingering weight. For hats and scarves I like worsted or aran.
III. I really don't like the feel of acrylic, although there are some decent acrylics out there now. FAves? I made socks out of a cashmere blend once and it was heavenly to work with.
IV. I'm not sure how many socks I've made i nthe past 6 years... maybe 30?
V. Right now I'm on a hat kick. But I bet I'll get sick of it soon. Sock knitting desires may come and go, but I'll always have a pair of socks going.
VI. Fave treat? Hmmm... high quality chocolate. Caramels and nuts.
VII. I drink coffee in the morning, herbal tea (cinnamon or spice is good) in the evening.
VIII. I did put a "things I collect" list on this blog.
IX. I am in about 10 Ravelry groups, but I really only look at 4 of them regularly.
X. We don't have really decent silk or linen fabric here in North Dakota. Or the Harry Potteryar nby Opal. Sigh.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Thanks for being such a helpful house member and posting all that information - do you have a favorite sock or hat pattern designer?