Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Package Arrived!







And, boy, is it great!!
The cats like it too!





It began with a nice note from Penelope (Daisy) Clearwater of Slytherin, explaining in Harry Potter terms what each item was . Bath salts = potions, balls of yarn & needles = Muggle artifacts, hand sewn purse = wand pouch. Everything was so nice. It was obvious that Daisy had selected each item with an eye to my wish list. On my list I had said I'd like to try the Lantern Moon Sox Sticks, but I knew they were too expensive for a swap. But I got them - Ebony, size 2.25! I also said I wanted to try out the Panda wool and bamboo sock yarn, and I got 4 skeins in a gorgeous blue/green mix, plus a pattern that looks marvelous, called Lupine Lace Socks from Fiber Trends. I got a fun Christmas card with a picture of a box of "fast growing moths" which is what Santa gives to naughty knitters. There was a nifty little knitters notebook with pen, a tin of ginger candies, bath salts, a can of spice tea, two bars of really nummy chocolate. All those items were on my wish list. The one thing I really did not expect to recieve is a tea pot. I collect tea pots. My spoiler didn't disappoint. She gave me a ceramic tea bag holder (like a spoon rest) in the shape of a teapot. It's adorable. So I really did get everything I had wanted, and more than I expected. Thank you Daisy! It is a lovely package. And tonight I am planning on opening one of the chocolate bars and having a cup of tea.












2 comments:

CentyB said...

Yum! I love that tea. And that sock yarn is gorgeous :) Lucky you!

Ellen said...

Collecting swap items is very fun - only one of my family knits so I was able to spend lots of time browsing until I found just the right thing and at the right price.

I did end up buying more sock yarn for myself, though! Enjoy!