Sunday, March 22, 2009

My weekend

This weekend some of us who are from the upper midwest in America were going to get together in Minneapolis for a meet and greet and yarn shop crawl. (Yes, I know we were off school grounds, but since one of us was the assistant headmistress, we got a pass)


Unfortunately I had to bow out. It was really said to not be able to go. Instead I got together with a muggle friend. I had taught her to knit before Christmas. She was very strange, She refused to knit anything but socks. I suggested, somewhat desperately, that really a dishrag was an easier first project. But she would hear none of it. It was socks for her or nothing. Not even a gauge swatch. So I taught her to knit socks. I purposely put on a positive face. I said that knitting was just knit and purl, no matter what you were making. But inside I was cringing, expecting her to fail. But no. She produced her first pair of socks, very well made, in two weeks. Since then she hass knit 4 pairs of socks. I must confess I am green with envy. I did NOT make my first sock so quickly or easily.


As a thank you for teaching her to knit she gave me a 90 minute massage. She is a liscensed massage therapist with her own business. After the massage we had lunch and then we went to both yarn shops in Fargo. She bought two sets of double points for more sock knitting and a skein of yarn for socks for herself. I picked up the prettiest yarn for my spoilee and another pattern for her kit. I'm almost set. Just need to finish the hand made item.


Anyway, I promised my roommate Elanor that I would take pix of the yarn outing. Here it is.

No comments: