Sunday, March 1, 2009

My week

So, I have a sinus infection. Maybe. On Wednesday I woke up with a sore upper gum. You know, sort of a tooth ache. Just an aching pressure. But I'm an expert on sinus infections. After 12 years of chronic sinusitis and 4 sinus surgeries I oughta be an expert, right? So I ignored it. On Thursday we had a really nasty winter storm and I left work early to go to the doctor about my "face ache". After only a few blocks I decided to go home instead. There was just too much snow blocking the intersections and there was an inch of ice under that, so getting stuck or going off the road was a real possibility. Besides, it wasn't that bad yet. I woke up friday in some pain, which only got worse as the day went on. Now, I'm a sinus expert, right? And I practically live at my ENT's office so he takes my word for it when I say I have an infection, so I called and got a prescription for antibiotics over the phone. Saturday morning I had no pain. then I brushed and flossed my teeth. Oh lord! It hurt something fierce for hours afterwards. Not just one tooth, even touching any of the three molars on top hurt. Maybe it's a bad tooth after all? But all of the teeth on top? It's the weekend, tho, so I can't even call the dentist. I'm continuing on the antibiotics and maybe Monday I'll call the dentist.

On a happier note, I received the items I ordered for my spoilee in the mail this week.

3 comments:

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

I hope you are feeling better Chrysta! Your kit is coming along quite nicely. I can't wait for you to get it

Winnie said...

Poor thing!!! I have a sinus something right now, but it's mostly my fault. I'm not a milk drinker, but I simply couldn't stay away from the Shamrock Shake at McDonald's!!! I didn't even have a whole shake - just a couple of sips from my daughter's drink and WHAM!!! Today I feel like cr*p! *sigh*

Wisteria Lovegood said...

I hope you're feeling better, Crysta! I also hope you'll be able to make the meet-up later this month.