Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wow! I have been Spoiled Beyond Belief!

My spoiler, Cassandra Puddlemere, (Yes, She of the Crucio List) has been unbelievably good to me. I received my package today. Actually, it came yesterday but I wasn't able to retrieve it until today. I drove to the post office to pick it up, very curious and excited to see what it would hold. I got home and all three of my cats were even more curious than I was. The white Merry Miaow apparently thought she needed to try to hatch it for me. :)
I got so many wonderful things! There was two boxes of organic herbal teas, a pound of jordan almonds, a set of aroma therapy bath salts on a shallow glass bowl with a candle, and a bath fizzy on a stick, (and a coupon to an etsy shop for more!) Taht was wrapped in a cute bandana with bunnies saying things like "Please, make the stupid people shut up" and "Hi, where's your off button?" A box with sachets, a notebook and notecards and lacy coasters in gold and black were in there too. There was a roll of handpainted fiber in the "Pumpkin Patch" colorway for me to spin. There was TWO skeins of sock yarn, one a Tofutsies in Hufflepuff golds and blacks colorway and a lovely skein of what must be hand dyed yarn in a really nice blends of black/pearl gray/gold/pink. I can't wait to see how that knits up.

I can't believe she got me the square needles! Last term my spoilee had requested the new square needles so I went online and ordered them. When I got them I was intrigued and wished I had ordered a second pair for myself. Now I don't need to! I also received not one sock pattern, not two sock patterns, but a CD with FOUR sock patterns loaded on it. I can't decide if I want to try Nagini first or Merope.
The last thing I unwrapped was the bag. OMG! The bag is wonderful! It's a french market bag in black with gold and steel blue stripes along the top and bottom, and an open mesh design in the body. It is so perfect for what I want. I was at the store just this afternoon, and almost bought one of the shopping bags the grocery stores sell so you don't need to use the plastic sacks that end up overflowing under my kitchen sink. I am looking forward to using this next time I shop, or this summer when I take my knitting and a snack to join friends to knit in the park.


Cassandra, thank you so much! You totally rock!!

7 comments:

Terri said...

nice kit there roommate.
if some of your bath salts go missing, ask Violent why she used them. :)

Hermione Bagnold said...

WOW!!! What a spectacular kit! And it came at just the right time for you! Yay!

Callisto Verity said...

This is an amazing kit! The bag turned out most excellently. And I agree with what Hermione said; it couldn't have come at a better time for you. ^_^

Gryffinitter said...

I knew Cass would take good care of you! I've been spoiled by you both so I know how she packs a box AND how much you deserve it, even when your town ISN'T being threatened by a flood!

I am loving the square needles and keep meaning to review them on my blog. Hmm...Maybe that will be this week's post...

Belladonna Boomslang

Marissa said...

Chrysta!!! Nice haul! Those square needles are clever. Write up a reveiw of them, k?

pren said...

wonderful! i cant wait to see how that yarn spins up. please post a pic when you spin some if you have the time. great package lucky girl!

Jen said...

It is all so cool! I was wondering about square needles myself. Please do tell us how they are!
Great stuff!