Monday, June 9, 2008

Hogsmead Trip

This weekend I went with Elanor to Hogsmead. She was wanting to pick up some more tea and chocolate and a new quill. I always want chocolate, of course, but what I really wanted was to get my hair cut. Not a lot of course. When I got out of the muggle American army after 8 years I swore to never have short hair again. Since that was 16 years ago, and I usually get a trim only once a year, my hair is pretty long. When I wear it in a single braid down my back it goes to my waist. When it's unbraided it goes down a bit past my waist. I DO NOT want to cut it short. I am a bit vain of my hair and like to wear hair sticks and other types of hair jewelry, especially in the summer when I like to keep it up off my neck. But when it gets to a certain length it tends to look ratty.

It's at that length now, so it must be time for my annual hair cut. I thought I should have maybe 5 inches taken off. While Elanor was off doing her shopping I went to a place that cuts hair. I watched while one customer whose hair was about down to mid-back told the hair cutter repeatedly that she wanted only 2 inches removed. I watched with horror when the hair cutter took at least six inches off. I got up and left the waiting room in great haste. Too bad I couldn't have gotten a "Stupify!" out in time to save that poor girl's hair.

So I did not have my hair cut after all. Oh. well. I'll work up the nerve eventually.

It's really hard to get a picture of your hair when you don't have someone else to take the picture!

No comments: