Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Homework Part Deux (as my french roomie Violette would say)

1. I both crochet and knit.
2. Do you spin? What type of spinning do you do? Yes, I spin and that's why I knit. I like the drop spindle (top whorl) for spinning fine threads. Otherwise I have my trusty Louet S15 wheel. I'd really LOVE to have a Kromski Minstrel or Prelude, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money when I have so many bills to pay.

3. Are there any other crafts that you participate in? Um... Costuming, embroidery, weaving, dying, felting, scrapbooking...

4. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? Too many to count. I loved working with the JoJOland Quartette which was a cashmere blend I received in HSKS1. I like woft wools or wool blends.

5. What are your LEAST favorite yarns/fibers? I recently made a hat for a teenaged boy out of Vanna's Choice, Not a bad yarn by any means, but it's acrylic. Bleh.

6. Are there any types/brands of yarn that you are dying to work with but haven’t gotten a chance? I want to try Socks That Rock, and Smooshy. Or maybe the alpaca sock yarns.

7. What are you currently working on? You want a list of everything? Hm. No, you really don't....

8. Are there any knitting/crochet techniques that you would like to learn? Maybe double knitting? Not sure.

9. Do you have a yarn winder and/or a swift? Yep, both. Also a knitty knoddy.

10. Where/how to you keep you needles/hooks? In a plastic accordian file. Each tab is for one size.

11. Do you like sweets? What are your favorites? I love sweets. Like Turtles, Jordan Almonds, Rollos.

12. Are you having a birthday during this swap? Nope, that was in the last swap.

2 comments:

Cassandra Puddlemere said...

Now would you think it weird that the questions "do you like sweets" made me think of Sweets on the tv show Bones and not actual candy?

What is happening to me, i love sweets and Sweets too!!

SinKnitty said...

you've been tagged to play a game see my blog for details. www.sinknitty.com
~Ophelia